Monday, July 4, 2016

Red Lunar Earth/ Red Rhythmic Moon - Cosmic Turtle Moon of Presence, Day 8







Santo Domingo Mosaic Earrings
 Turquoise, Spiny Oyster and Mother of Pearl by Angie Reano Owen.
 Navajo Ring by Henry Harvey.




Angie Reano Owen is credited with reviving the tradition of inlaid jewelry in the 1970's, when the market had shifted to heishi beads and silver-and-turquoise jewelry. "I told my dad I wanted to do something different because everyone was doing heishi," she said. She was fascinated by her mother's inlay work, including "Depression jewelry" made from plastic and car batteries. In her twenties, she studied Ancestral Pueblo jewelry in museums and private collections, consciously modeling her work after ancient styles.

"I began doing the actual traditional patterns of the prehistoric things," she says. "Later on, the more I refined it, I decided I should have my own style. I shouldn't just be copying what the ancestors did." Owen's distinctive touches include using black glue to outline and emphasize her mosaic patterns. Yet her style remains grounded in traditional mosaic designs created from turquoise and other stones on a shell base.

www.amnh.org





CABAN



Kin 197: Red Lunar Earth


I polarize in order to evolve
Stabilizing synchronicity
I seal this matrix of navigation
With the lunar tone of challenge
I am guided by the power of universal water
I am a galactic activation portal
Enter me.


The cosmo-sphere is the sphere of creation consciousness; the whole of the cosmos is an equalizing set of interacting functions unifying the different orders of quantifiable reality as well as all orders of the dimensions.*



*Star Traveler's 13 Moon Almanac of Synchronicity, Galactic Research Institute, Law of Time Press, Ashland, Oregon, 2015-2016.






The Sacred Tzolk'in 





Sahasrara Chakra (Dali Plasma)




No comments:

Post a Comment