Friday, June 17, 2016

Yellow Spectral Sun/ Yellow Lunar Human - Crystal Rabbit Moon of Cooperation






Holly  Wilson - Only That Which You Can Bear
Only That Which You Can Bear, 
Bronze, Patina, Encaustic and Birch by Holly Wilson.




Artist's Statement




I am a storyteller. I am a Delaware/Cherokee Native American; I grew up hearing many stories from my mother. I was drawn to those of shape shifters with the idea of a trickster who wears a mask to hide their identity, birds as messengers, and owls as bearers of tragic news. These stories also now run through most of my work in the form of animals with human characteristics, masks of birds and other animals. I anthropomorphize the animals and birds, giving one the eyes of a tired old woman, and another the hands of a strong man holding the branch on which they perch.

Then I had children and now those stories have taken on a whole new meaning. I tell stories of my own family intertwined with that of my past and with the past of my mother’s family.

I see the world in a new way now that I have children. I feel I am their guides and their guardian. I see the secrets that are whispered in the schoolyard from one child to another and the weight that carries, from innocent little giggles to that which will shadow one's spirit for a lifetime.

I want to sculpt emotions, emotions that you can put on like a skin and breathe in a moment frozen in time. I want you to feel another’s life, for just that moment to see we are all one below that surface, that surface of skin no matter the color the shape or origin.

My figures serve as my storytellers in the world, telling stories of the sacred and the precious, capturing moments of our day, our vulnerabilities, and our strengths.

They are the quiet echoes of life’s delicate balance, telling of the fragility in both life and their own form; how far one can reach, which step may be too many.

The masks some of the figures wear are layered with meaning from creatures in nature to a child’s imagined world. As children, we make and wear masks to be anything we want or need to be and we could do anything in them, from being a super hero to a bird in flight. As adults, the layers and meaning deepen and grow and these masks are a way to represent the different personas that we need or desire to be in life. They become an identity that one can live through or hide behind in our roles – I am a daughter, a sister, a friend, an aunt, a wife, a mother, artist, an Indian.

In my birds you see where the bird is shape shifting and he is stuck between the two worlds trying to choose, the world of man or the world of the spirit. He has the hands and eyes of mankind but still in bird form This is where I must confess I too have a foot stuck in two worlds trying to decide which one to live in.

I cast the figures in my studio with the traditional method of lost wax casting in combination with mixed media elements. The figures are one of a kind and singular in edition; no two are alike.



AHAU




Kin 180: Yellow Spectral Sun


I dissolve in order to enlighten
Releasing life
I seal the matrix of universal fire
With the spectral tone of liberation
I am guided by my own power doubled
I am a polar kin.
 I transport the yellow galactic spectrum.



Prana is a function of a holonomic feedback system of the generation and re-circulation of cosmic electricity.*



*Star Traveler's 13 Moon Almanac of Synchronicity, Galactic Research Institute, Law of Time Press, Ashland, Oregon, 2015-2016.






The Sacred Tzolk'in 





Visshudha Chakra (Alpha Plasma)





No comments:

Post a Comment