Friday, December 31, 2021

White Overtone Wind/ Rhythmic Lizard Moon of Equality, Day 19


5 Ik

 

White Overtone Wind

Psyche’s Song*

 

 

I lit the Lamp of Insight

I saw the God in you

A Spark – a sparkling Star

Beneath your hooded Eye –

In Fear you spread your Wings

To fly afar –

 

Now I wonder and I wander

In Anguish and Despair –

Each Breath a mournful Cry –

 

Are you gone forever?

Will you really let me die?

 

Or will you save me, Love,

From my riven Soul

And the existential Lie?

 

 *Eros, the god of love, deserts Psyche, his lover when she looks upon him in the night. She has been forbidden to do so. Therefore, he flies back to his mother, Aphrodite, goddess of love. Psyche and Eros symbolize the inner feminine and masculine aspects of soul and consciousness which must be reconciled before psychological wholeness is achieved.

 

 ©Kleomichele Leeds

 



No comments:

Post a Comment