Monday, November 9, 2020

11/1/2020 Red Solar Earth/ Self-Existing Owl Moon of Form, Day 15

 



9 Caban


Red Solar Earth

  

In the Dead of Winter I was born

The Sighs and Cries rang out for Days

And far into the frigid, crystal Nights –

I missed New Year’s Day

Descending late – delaying

My Departure from a warm Womb

Into the cold, white World

 

In the Dead of Winter I was born

With black wet curly Hair

So overgrown and heavy

That “Monkey” or “Medusa” came to Mind

 

Little did I wish to go another Round on Earth

Or feel another mortal Wound –

My Eardrums failed to close

My Eyes so large and dark

Always saw shortsightedly

 

In the Dead of Winter I was born –

Life leapt up - dealing Death

A feisty Blow –

  

Brittle Bough and

Ice-filled Lakes no Match for

Red hot Blood – the Will to be –

A fresh young Heart –

Making a small Spring

In the Dead of Winter.

 

©Kleomichele Leeds 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment