Wednesday, October 9, 2019

10/2/2019 White Self-Existing Wind/ Electric Deer Moon of Service, Day 13






4 Ik


White Self-Existing Wind


Many a past Love had passed over me
Those I thought true became truly false
I lost all my Loves in Loss untimely
To Lust’s illusory three-quartered Waltz

Terrified of Solitude
 I bought Friendship with purloined Emotion
Grief and Misery rendered me numb
Grandiose, aggressive, and rude

I starved and thirsted at Fate’s great Banquet
Refusing to learn or earn my Share
Finally abandoned by all who knew me
I gave myself up to Insanity

“Take me,” I prayed to a god unknown
“Release me from Hell on Earth”
In Desperation, I saw
A Bridge of Sighs over the River of Life

Part of me died – the Fear and the Pride –
As a Newborn I crossed the Bridge –
When at last I reached the other Side
I perceived a Meal most strange!

The Fare was unpleasant, not easy to swallow
It stuck in my Throat but nourished my Soul
Compelled to eat without knowing why
I had Breakfast of Crow and a large Humble Pie.


©Kleomichele Leeds



No comments:

Post a Comment