Saturday, March 6, 2021

White Self-Existing Wind/ Galactic Hawk Moon of Integrity, Day 28

 



 

4 Ik

  

White Self-Existing Wind

  

Many a past Love had passed over me

Those once true became truly false

I lost all my Loves in Loss untimely

To Lust’s illusory three-quartered Waltz

 

Terrified of Solitude

 I bought Friendship with purloined Emotion

Grief and Misery rendered me numb

Grandiose, aggressive, and rude

 

I starved and thirsted at Fate’s great Banquet

Refusing to learn or earn my Share

Finally abandoned by all who knew me

I gave myself up to Insanity

 

“Take me,” I prayed to a god unknown

“Release me from Hell on Earth”

In Desperation I saw

A Bridge of Sighs over the River of Life

 

Part of me died – the Fear and the Pride –

As a Newborn I crossed the Bridge –

When at last I reached the other Side

I perceived a Meal most strange!

 

The Fare was unpleasant, not easy to swallow

It stuck in my Throat but nourished my Soul

Compelled to eat without knowing why

I had Breakfast of Crow and a large Humble Pie.

 

©Kleomichele Leeds










No comments:

Post a Comment